Monday, December 15, 2008

No Coincidence Here

God never ceases to amaze me! We got the long awaited call about our Little Buddy last week and now I can see His hand in answering another prayer. Over the weekend I contacted my parents and one of my sisters to let them know about Reese. This was a big step, because we are not really close to either of my parents or my siblings.

These strained relationships have been the subject of many prayers. I long to have a loving, healthy relationship with my parents. More so than that, I long to restore my relationship with my sister. She has held a very special place in my heart since the day she was born 22 years ago. For most of her teen years we were very close. The last few years have been different though.

Sunday afternoon, my phone rang and my sister's name was on the caller id. I quickly answered and hoped for the best. She began to ask a lot of questions about the baby. She seemed to know more information than I had shared with my family. I could hear her husband talking in the background and adding to her questions. After a minute or two of discussion, she told me that her sister-in-law is the foster mother to Reese.

Her sister-in-law had been talking to them about the baby leaving and she started putting the pieces together. The social worker had told the family that the baby would be going to a youth minister's family in Anderson County. I told my sister that we would be getting a six month old baby and it all fit together. My sister has spent a lot of time with the baby and had pictures that she shared with us. She and the foster parents were excited to know where he was going.

I have prayed for a long time about how to restore this relationship and this may be God's way of doing that. My sister seems to have grown attached to him. I was very concerned about my family's reaction to him. What a comfort to know that they already know and love him. I was concerned about feeling awkward dealing with strangers during the transition time. There are no strangers involved, so there is no need to feel awkward.

God is good and He is faithful! It is not often that I clearly see His hand in the midst of a situation. Usually I see these things when I look back. I have no doubt that I have seen it here! I am so excited to see how it all unfolds!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! is all I can say . . .

Kelly Perry said...

I am so happy for you! God works in miraculous ways, doesn't He?

Looking forward to more about Reese.

I'm so excited for you I can hardly stand it!

We should try to get together after the holidays for lunch or something. I travel for my job and could come to you while I'm working in the upstate. Email me your number when you can. kperryfsco@gmail.com