Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Family update

Tuesday:
Please continue to pray for my father-in-law. He is in a lot of pain and the doctors are concerned about infection and pneumonia. Bryan talked with a nurse today and they are not as optimistic as before. His right shoulder is crushed and his right knee is cracked. Initially they told us that these would be replaced, now they are saying that they may not be able to do that. This will limit his use of the joints. Weldon was very disappointed because he still works 50-60 hours a week and is always working on a project at one of our houses.


Thursday:
Bryan and I both visited Weldon today and he seemed to have accepted the idea of limited use of his joints. I showed him my arm, in an attempt to amuse him, because I have limited use of my right arm as well. This is due to crushing my elbow and having it reconstructed. He was having a hard time keeping his breathing at the pace that the nurses wanted it. Personally, I would have a hard time with that due to my asthma. Weldon has smoked for years, so this is constantly a problem. I got very frustrated with the monitor so I know he has to be completely fed up with it. We are afraid that he may have developed pneumonia now. Please pray!!!

No comments: