Thursday, November 6, 2008

*WOW*

WOW, that is all I could say as I sat here crying about 30 minutes ago. I have been reading a lot about forgiveness and coming to terms with family losses lately. (Much of this has been from an adoption perspective.) A new book on this subject has coming out called Running for My Life by Warrick Dunn. Dunn plays for Tampa Bay. The book is about his journey through football and life.

Ok, I hate football, so why would this spark my interest and what does it have to do with loss and forgiveness? Chapter 1 is titled Face to Face. Dunn talks about his trip to Angola state prison where he faced and forgave the young man that killed his mother. He talks about how the counseling he received help him move past the hurt to forgive this man and make something of his loss.

Watch this video to get a better idea. (Sorry, I can"t figure out how to embed the video!)

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/18424824#27573310

There is an ex cert from the book available on the Today Show. Though I have never bought or read a sports book before, I will definitely be adding this one to my collection. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

----------- said...

You "HATE" Football? Woman, we have to talk...