Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Prayers for Dillen

This morning I opened up laptop and logged on to my blogger dashboard. At the bottom of my page are all the updates to the blogs that I follow. I am always excited to see anything from my dear friend Brooke. You may recognize her name, I frequently ask you to pray for she and Chris as they await the arrival of their precious daughter Dillen.


Dillen was born on Dec. 15, 2007. They have been waiting to bring her home since late Dec. 07 or Jan. 08. Dillen is the second referral that they received from their agency. When they were within a few weeks of possibly traveling to bring Sophia home, they got word that she was not legally available for adoption. They would not be allowed to adopt her. They soon received the referral for Dillen. Several families have travelled to Vietnam and sent pictures back of this beautiful little girl. I have been lucky enough to have Brooke share most of them with me.


There have been many, many set backs along the way for Brooke and Chris. Most of these problems have been caused by their adoption agency. The agency has been very vague about many things. At other times, many times, they have just not communicated with Brooke at all. This has been very frustrating and heart breaking. Not only have Brooke and Chris spent tens of thousands of dollars with this agency, they have invested a lot of time in the process. Most importantly, they have given their hearts to this precious child. Everyday, she grows and changes and misses the opportunity to be loved and nurtured by her family.


I can not imagine the emotions that they have experienced with each set back. It has broken my heart and brought me to tears every time. It breaks my heart to see the hurt and disappointment in Brooke's face when she shares the latest news. This morning that happened again as I read her blog. Though I don't know the details, there seems to be another set back.


I hurt so badly for them and for Dillen! To some extent, I understand, as we have had many emotions in our own waiting process. It is completely different in the sense that we don't know who we are waiting on. There is no precious face that we see growing and changing with each new set of photos. It is still my prayer that Dillen will be with her family on her up coming birthday. Even if they are not home, I pray that they will be together in the baby home.



Please pray for Brooke, Chris, and Dillen. I have grown to love this child I have never met, so I can't imagine how they must feel. Brooke has been amazing through all of this. She takes each set back in stride and pushes through. She has been an excellent example of strength and grace. As tough as this is, I know that God is STILL in control. I am praying for His peace and strength for her. Pray friends, pray!

No comments: