Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Shout Outs

In preparation for our adoption, I have been trying to take advantage of as many resources as possible. A hand full of friends have suggested books that I have been trying to read, along with ones that I have found recommended on the Internet. I want to take a minute to give some Shout Outs, as our students would say, to these great resources.

Before I have mentioned Before You Were Mine, Parenting with Love and Logic, and Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew. Someone also recommended The Five Love Languages of Children, but I haven't gotten to that one yet. I would also like to read some books about attachment.

Besides books, I have tried to find blogs and other websites, as well as pod casts. One podcast in particular has been such a blessing. The Foster Parenting Podcast with Tim and Wendy is one that I would highly recommend. They are Christians and are currently fostering to adopt two girls. They are very honest and share as much about their experiences as much they can. If you have ever considered adoption or foster care, I would highly recommend that you take a listen. It puts a lot of things in perspective for you.

Well, those are my adoption shout outs for now. I will keep you updated on future finds. If you have suggestions, please pass them on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Been thinking about your decision and praying for peace either. We've had our fair share of good plans we were following that God had his own way a redirecting at just the right time. I have and really like: Adoption Parenting, Attaching in Adoption, Building the Bonds of Attachment, Lifebooks, and Weaver's Craft: Toddler Adoption.