Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Facebook group you must join!

I received a facebook request this morning that caught me a little off guard. It was sent from my nephew Jeremy. Someone created a group called "Get Holder back in the gym." About this time last year Bryan started going to the gym and started his journey to fitness. He lost 20 or 25 pounds and was feeling much better. His energy level was much higher, his stress level was lower, and he slept much better. With the opening of The Garage and the preparation for that, he got out of his routine.

Everyone around us was noticing and commenting on Bryan's journey to wellness. We were all very proud of him. The last couple of weeks Bryan has been saying that he needs to go back and he has become more sluggish and more stressed. Though the facebook request caught me off guard, I was glad to see it. I think the push and encouragement might just be the thing that he needs to get him back in there.

If you are on facebook, please join this group. The more encouragement Bryan has the more likely he is to get back on it. Let me be clear and say that I love him exactly like he is. I don't care if he loses another pound. I do want him to feel better and to relieve some of the stress that he is under and in the past the gym has been a great way for him to do this. The more people who join, the more likely he will be. Who doesn't need that kind of accountability!

I have been struggling with this myself. I have never been in the gym and I need to get there. Right now, the location is a major issue for me. The gym is about 30 mins from our house and 45 or more mins from my office. It is WAY out of the way for me. However, I need to do something. Pray that I will get motivated and figure something out soon.

1 comment:

----------- said...

Yoga. You can do it at home. In your own time. and it is a huge stress reliever, and over all great workout.