Thursday, August 7, 2008

We need your help!

If you happened to be passing by my Williamston home today and saw a Deputy, he wasn't simply turning around. Last week while we were in Memphis, someone decided to steal our mail. The mail included a box of checks. (Yes, I know that was stupid on my part!) I assumed that the checks would be fine for the few hours until our house sitter arrived back for the evening. Boy, was I wrong!

I have been talking with the check company, bank, and post office all week. Everything seemed fine until yesterday. Yesterday afternoon a LARGE deposit was made into my account. Yes that is right a deposit. Because of the large amount of money, there is a hold on the deposit. This morning a $700 check cleared the bank. Until this point the post office and the bank didn't really seem very concerned about helping me.

Last night I talked with a friend at the sheriff''s department. He told me to call this morning and report it. No one would answer the phone on the non emergency number, so I called another friend their directly. He sent a deputy to my house to file a report. I won't go into all the details, but I spent about 30 minutes with the deputy and an hour and a half at the bank.

The crooks have been trying to pass our checks through banks in a town 30 or 45 minutes away. These means that I am going to have to also deal with the police in that town also. The check that they deposited into my account is from yet another county, so I may be dealing with the police there also. Apparently they have also made a fake id using Bryan's information so that they can actually pass the checks.

It is a bit creepy to think that someone has all my info and has been watching my house. As of today, we no longer have that bank account and tomorrow we will have a new address. Please don't send anything to my house. If you would like to send something to us, please send it to the church address until we get the PO Box set up.

This is all a little disheartening after my car was broken into last month at the church. I know God has a lesson in this for us, I just hope it doesn't cost us any more money! Please pray that all of this will work out and that the thieves can be caught. I want to feel safe in my own house!

No comments: