Thursday, August 21, 2008

Adoption Update

Many people have been asking us about the status of our adoption. Unfortunately, there has been no change in our status. Bryan and I have both spoken with DSS over the last month and they can't really give any indication as to your wait. Their goal is to find forever homes for their children , not to find a child for me (as it should be). Currently they have a lot of sibling groups that they are placing and not so many individual children.

I would love more than anything to bring my Little Buddy home today, but I realize that this is not in God's timing right now. God is teaching both of us life long lessons in this process. Bryan is learning to be patient and I am learning how to deal with not being in control.

Looking back over our summer, I can see how it would have been very difficult to bring a new baby home. We were gone so much! There is no way that we could have have any sort of consistency with our crazy summer schedules. Things are much more settled now.

In a effort to prepare myself, I think I may start going to a MOPS group next month. There is one that meets at our church. I am going to talk to the leader about it, but I would like to start meeting other new parents and learning from them. I also need to start preparing Belle for the new arrival. If anyone has suggestions about preparing Yorkies for babies, please let me know. It will break my heart if Belle and Little Buddy can't bond.

Please continue to pray for Brooke and Chris as they are still waiting to bring Dillen home from Vietnam!

1 comment:

amber said...

crystal! i found your link on your facebook. i was actually wondering if you had heard anything about the adoption, so thanks for posting! :)

i made it here safe and sound, and started school today. it's gonna be hard, but hopefully i'll make it through!