Monday, August 25, 2008

What A Nice Weekend

We had quite an eventful weekend. It all started on Friday with a day of praise! Friends and family are aware of the rash decision I made a few years ago to buy my dream car. I got a great deal on the silver Volvo I had been dreaming of. It only took about 6 weeks, before my dream turned into a nightmare. I had no idea how much the up keep on a luxury car was. Every car I had or had driven was a practical car (Nissan, Honda, Toyota). Nothing on that car could be serviced for less than $500 or $1000. One thing after another went wrong and the problems got more expensive each time.

We tried to fix the car and sell, but that never worked. I was tired of making payments on a car that I was afraid to drive. Because of the issues with the car, we didn't think we could get a decent trade in value. After thinking practically and doing some research, we found a Honda
C-RV that we were interested in. It just so happened that a friend owns the dealership that was selling the car. Friday morning, Bryan and I drove over to Norris Ford in Pickens and purchased the car. The people there were very nice and gave us the best trade in allowance that we had found. Ryan, the owner of the dealership is a great guy. We will gladly work with them again for our next car purchase.

We left Norris Ford and had lunch together at Michael's Pizzeria in Easley. As you know, I LOVE Michael's!!! The Hedrick's are a great family and we love supporting them. Not to mention the fact that they have GREAT food. Bryan and I went to Sam's to look around and had dinner with his parents. It was a great day! We never get to hang out all day like that. It was a lot of fun.

Saturday, Bryan's day started early with laying Sod at the church. He got bit by an ant and had a bad reaction. For the third time in three months, we had to use the Epi-Pen and call EMS. This is the first time that he has reacted to ants though. He is DEATHLY, can I emphasize DEATHLY, allergic to all stinging insects. I had to rush to the church (20 minutes away) and make sure that he was ok and bring him home.

Later in the day, I went to Sear's and ordered our new refrigerator. It is being delivered this week. We are trying to up grade our appliances as we fix up our house. This is a big and expensive project, so we are doing things a little at a time. We are trying to pay for everything as we go, so that we don't have to worry about paying anything off. Later that evening, we returned some things to Lowe's and got new doors for our room and the nursery. More doors to come later!

Yesterday was a great service at Church. Eddie has been teaching about families and yesterday was probably the best. I was praying for a particular family that is going through some tough times. The husband has been visiting other churches and I had not seen him at Marathon in several months. My prayer was that some how they would hear this service. Guess who was the first person I saw at the end of the service.... the dad. It seemed like he had been moved by the service. Please join me in praying that this family can be restored. They are a great family, and I hate to seem them hurting this way.

Last night, Bryan and I went over to the Clary's and hung out. This is the first time we have been able to all be together in months. It was great. We love them and miss our time with them. Melissa and I cooked dinner for the boys. For those of you following Isaac's situation, he started school last week for the first time. He is in 4th grade this year and is loving it so far. He did have to miss one day last week due to a stomach bug. He is fine now and went back to school today. Keep praying for his health as his immune system is still rebuilding from the BMT.

Bryan and I have not been together all weekend in a long time and I loved it! It was great to just hang out together and not be rushed. We need more times like that.

No comments: