Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Becoming a grown up

Our new refrigerator was delivered today. It takes 24 hours for it to reach the factory preset temp, so I won't be putting anything in it until tomorrow. I must say the process of purchasing this frig has made me do some reflection. I know that sounds ridiculous, but humor me.

My 30th birthday is now less than 30 days away. 30 makes me officially a grown-up, right? It must, because I am reaching milestones. What milestones you may ask?

As a kid (elementary school) my aunt and uncle got a new frig and it was a fancy one. This was the first side-by-side I had ever seen and better than that, it had ice and water in the door. In my eyes this made them rich! They were true adults with GOOD jobs. They had to be to afford that new fangled frig.

It is funny how I associated things as a child. I just knew my friend's family was super rich because they had a satellite (the massive sled/spaceship one) and a claw foot tub. I guess I am a rich grown-up now, because I have my own side-by-side frig and a satellite. (Maybe not since I don't have the claw-foot tub.)

No comments: