Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

I am looking forward to this weekend! Bryan and I are headed to Knoxville for a little get away and to go to Boomsday. If you have never been to Boomsday, you need to make a trip. Boomsday is the Labor Day festival in Knoxville. There is the best fireworks show you have ever seen. We aren't talking 4th of July at Redemption, the Drive Game, or even TigerRama. This is incredible!! As a student at Carson-Newman we would load up and go every year.

I am excited about it for several reasons... 1) Bryan and I need to get away and just hang out without worrying about church stuff. 2) Bryan will get to experience the coolness of Boomsday with me for the first time! 3) Some really cool people are going to join us for dinner and Boomsday.

Bryan has two college interns that work with him, Steve-o and Taylor. Steve-o was a student in our group and then moved into an intern position after graduating. Taylor is from the coast of SC and moved to the upstate to attend North Greenville University. Because we love Taylor and he is a long way from home, Bryan and I have adopted him as our little brother. I try to take care of him and talk some sense into him when he comes up with his famous crazy ideas (driving from SC to Toronto for the weekend).

Taylor introduced Bryan and I to an incredible young woman named Sara. I have pretty much adopted Sara as my little sister also. Sara is from Nashville and she and Taylor have been friends for a few years. They have a really cool relationship! Sara just started her first year at UT. I was able to convince Taylor to come to Knoxville (3 hour drive) and hang out with Sara for the weekend instead of going to Toronto (15-18 hour drive). Sunday night we are going to meet up with Taylor and Sara for dinner and fireworks.

I am really excited to get to hang out with them. We have hung out with just Sara and just Taylor and both of them were on our mission team. This , however, will be the first time just the four of us have hung out together. They are probably our two favorite college students besides Jordan and Katie of course.

Sara said she was looking forward to hanging out with Taylor and his wife. In Memphis, Taylor told one of the kids that he was married to me. The child quickly responded, "you married a fast food joint?"

So, we are off to Knoxville with both of my husbands and one of the coolest girls I know!

No comments: