Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Circle of Life

Yesterday was a somewhat unusual day for us. My day began early with a baby shower that Emily DeRoberts and my self hosted for my friend Casey. As I was leaving the shower, Bryan was on his way to a funeral. We met up after the funeral and went to a wedding. We hit every stage of life yesterday. I made reference to that a few times over the day, but it didn't really hit me until late last night what we had truly experienced.

Casey and her husband Chase will be welcoming a baby boy into their home in a couple of months. Nick and Victoria, students in our church, were saying goodbye to their grandfather. Justin, a friend of Bryan's, was beginning a new stage of life as he married his bride. It was what followed the wedding that made me realize how significant the day really was.

Sammy Clary performed the wedding ceremony. Sammy and his wife Melissa are our best friends. We have been blessed beyond measure to share our lives with them. For the last four years they have taught us more about living life and truly trusting Christ than we had learned in all our years prior to that.

We met the Clary's nearly four years ago and yesterday was the first time we have ever gone out to a public place together. If you think about that, that is somewhat unusual. No, we are not ashamed to be seen with them. (Melissa and I do often try to hide from the men though. They can be quite embarrassing.) Sammy and Melissa are the parents of an incredible little guy named Issac. Issac has faced some serious medical problems in his 10 short years. Due to Issac's problems, he isn't able to be around a lot of people. He can't go into crowded places and at times can not go out at all. Due to this, we always do take out or we go out with either Sammy or Melissa and the other one stays with Isaac.

It was a huge treat for us to be out with them last night. After dinner, we picked Issac up from his grandparents and headed to their house. As Melissa and I were talking, Issac's initial diagnoses came up. I had never known exactly how to ask about this before, so I was glad it came up. I asked a lot of questions and learned a lot I didn't know.

There have been several close calls for Isaac in his short life. To hear Melissa tell her story and to see how much she has trusted the Lord all the way is so amazing to me. I often find my self in awe of her. She is an INCREDIBLE woman. I pray that I could be half the woman and mother she is. She really amazes me.

The Clary's truly embrace every day and live it to the fullest. Walking through life with them has and is teaching me about truly living. For them everyday is truly lived. Every morning that Isaac is with them and healthy is a new beginning. Every test and Dr. visit is a new stage for them. At the end of the day, they put it all behind them and plan to start fresh the next. They live the circle of life everyday.

Thank you Clary's for teaching us how to live, love, and appreciate life!

No comments: