Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Almost on track

This year I decided to make a new year's resolution and to make it practical and attainable. I never seem to keep them because they are always so far fetched and I have no accountability. Though I thought this year would be better, it is not going as smoothly as I had hoped. Here is my cry for accountability!

So what was the resolution you ask? Well, let me tell you... I resolved to get my daily quiet time back on track and to get consistent with an exercise routine. I have hit and missed on both. It has become very clear to me that these were not just things that sounded good to me, but prompted by God. There is a calendar on my desk that you flip each day. Many days I forget to even look at it much less flip it. Ironically in February, every day that I did flip it, the blurb was about personal quiet time. After the fourth or fifth day of that, I laughed out loud and said, "Ok, God, I get it!"

I somehow always find an excuse about the exercise. Bryan and I have a gym membership, and he goes regularly. The gym is 30 minutes from here and 45 minutes from my office and I don't go anywhere near it to get to either. Needless to say, I have never been. I got a video in the $2.50 bin at Target. Tried it a few times, but could not keep up with it. A couple of weekends ago I bought a Dancing with the Stars video and I like it. I simply have to make the time to do it. Someone please hold me accountable. I really want to do this but I need help!

No comments: