Saturday, June 7, 2008

Understanding God's Plan

Someone was telling me about a girl that is facing an unplanned pregnancy. The person was talking about how tough this was going to be for this girl and that we need to pray for her. (I totally agree, it will be tough, and she needs our love and support.) That was followed by this statement, "this is not God's plan for her life."

I had a hard time with that. It really frustrated me and almost made me angry to hear that. Later that evening, Taylor, Bryan, and I talked about this idea that something happens outside of God's will or plan. Basically, we all agreed that this is not possible. If something is outside of God's plan, it can't happen! God is fully aware and in control of everything that goes on around us. No, it was not part of the perfect design for a child to be conceived out of wedlock. But, the way this comment was made, it sounded as if God had lost control and He was not aware that this was going to happen.

This whole situation made me really think and consider understanding God's will and God's plan for our lives. I couldn't help but think how that mindset made it seem that sweet child of God is not that at all, but a mistake. That is ridiculous! My God is completely in control. He allows us to make choices (yes, He knows what choice I am going to make and what will happen as a result) and to deal with the circumstances those choices bring.

Though I know this is not the ideal situation, I know that my God was fully aware of exactly what was going on and the results to follow. Think about it... if God is in control, can something really be outside of his plan?

No comments: