Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Yeah, so today is pretty much the worst day I have had in a long time. (Yes, even worse than the drama at camp last week.) To start with, Bryan left me yesterday for four days. I hate being left alone. I will not stay at home by myself. Belle and I stayed with my Grandma last night. This morning we got up and went home. I worked on some Mission trip stuff and cleaned up a little (seriously, a little). Bryan needed me to drop some stuff off at the church so I left home at 2:00. I don't have to be at work until 3:00, so I gave myself more than enough time.

I am headed toward the interstate about 2 miles from my house and stop at a stop sign. I could feel my transmission grinding as I stopped and then again as I started to move. (My first car was a stick, so trust me, I know what grinding gears feel and sound like.) As I move through the intersection, the RPM are raising, but the speed is not. The more gas, the higher the RPM's go, but I am maxing out at 25mph. There are two cars behind me. I turned on the flashers and tried to make it to the gas station a mile or so away.

As I am moving toward the gas station, I try to call Bryan. My cell phone has been disconnected!!! Disconnected!!! This is a whole story in itself. I make it into the gas station parking lot and dig for change. I look around for a pay phone, not a one in sight. I go inside and still no luck. I try my phone again and still no luck. A lady is standing outside taking her smoke break and I ask her where the pay phone is. She tells me that they don't have one. As I tell her my problem and burst into tears another employee offers me her cell phone. (Thank you nice lady. I will reward you!)

I call my Bryan's dad only to hear that he is in NC. He tells me to wait there and he will send someone to get me. I ask the lady if I can make one more call. She agrees and I call Julie, one of my supervisors to let her know what is going on and that I will probably be late. Great! I had two new clients to meet with this afternoon for the first time. She knew it was bad when I burst into tears on the phone. I am not a crier. Let me emphasize, I am NOT a crier. Julie assured me that it would be ok. About 15 minutes later a strange man in my father-in-law's truck shows up to pick me up.

He took me home to get keys and then to Bryan's truck. I called the cell phone company and chewed a few people out. Taylor laughed at me and my phone now works. I hate my car and when Bryan comes home I am getting a new one!!!!!

No comments: