Thursday, March 5, 2009

Love and Respect

Yesterday we got some new information about Reese's birth mother. It seems to be good news for us. The crazy thing is, I couldn't help but feel a little sad. Why?! That seems ridiculous since we are waiting on her rights to be terminated so that we can finalize our adoption. The more trouble she gets into, the more chances we have for the process to be hurried along.

Despite this, I can't get past feeling sorry for her that she can't get her life in line. It is so sad to think that people can be so trapped in destructive lifestyles. Looking at my baby's face everyday, I can't imagine being separated from him. I can't imagine him not being the motivation to break away from addictions. She is in my prayers. She has a long road ahead of her as she will likely be incarcerated for several years.

I know that God is bigger than any addiction and He can restore her. I know that He loves her and wants her to live a healthy lifestyle. My prayer is that she would come to that realization and be able to live a productive life in the future. We will always be indebted to her for giving us our sweet baby (even though it is not willingly). Though she will probably never know us, she will always be a part of our lives and we can't ignore that. It is important to me to make sure that Reese understands that as well. He doesn't need to know all the details right away, but he does need to know that she deserves his respect and love. Please pray for us as we learn how to teach him that.

1 comment:

Gi said...

I apologise for this invasion but we Love both the only Only one that is able to restore, to save anyone that reach Him!
You blog is very beautiful and have Faith and let Him do His work;)
From Portugal,
Gi