Monday, September 15, 2008

Adoption and Parenting

Last week a couple of books arrived in our post office box. A friend highly recommended the book Parenting with Love and Logic by Foster Cline and Jim Fay. Many of the adoption and parenting websites refer to this book as well. I began reading it this weekend and it is a great book so far. Those who know me know that I am very practical and logical. This book appeals to that side of me as the information inside truly is very logical. So far I have only read the first four chapters, so I am not going to make too many comments yet. They are coming though.

Also, I received Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew by Sherrie Eldridge. I have read Captivating by Eldridge and her husband, so I was interested in this book. I have read through chapter 4 of this book as well. It is very good as well. Again, I will make more comments as I get further into the book.

So far, I would recommend both books though. Parenting with Love and Logic is good for anyone with children or planning to have children. It would also be great for teachers, so check it out.

1 comment:

amber said...

i learned a little about love and logic in college with respect to teaching.. it seemed like an idea that could really work, and i could totally see using parts of it in parenting!