Friday, April 25, 2008

We made it to Memphis!

Things have been kind of hectic lately. It has been a couple of weeks since I have been able to post. A lot of things have sparked my attention and have struck a cord that I will share, but not tonight. Tonight I want to dance and shout because we are finally in Memphis. I have been looking forward to this for weeks. I love it here and it gets me pumped up for our trip back in July.

I will say that I am not quite so pumped about the actual process of getting here. From Greenville to Memphis is about 9 hours if you don't stop at all. Of course we can't drive for 9 hours with no stops. I hate riding in the car for more than an hour or so. We didn't get started until 8pm last night. We made it to Knoxville and spent the night and arrived in Memphis around 4pm Central time today. It is a LONG and desolate drive. There is NOTHING between Nashville and Memphis and very little between Knoxville and Nashville. We went downtown tonight for dinner and took a carriage ride. I love the fact that there are dogs on the carriages. We picked one with two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and they were very cute.

Tomorrow morning we are off to Brinkley Heights for a meeting. (It is so exciting to be there. They are the most incredible and inspirational people.) We will start heading back toward Greenville when we get out of the meeting at lunch time. I am not looking forward to that part! Oh well, at least I can enjoy the 18 hours we will be in Memphis.

It is crazy to think that we drove 20 hours to spend 18 hours here. Next time we should seriously consider flying!

No comments: