Friday, February 13, 2009

Truely Blessed

A lot of things have happened with us this week. Reese is doing so many new and cute things. He has figured out how to move from a seated position to laying down and back again. We are still not crawling, but we get closer every day. He has definitely taken to his daddy and loves him very much.

On Thursdays Reese stays with my grandmother. Yesterday when I took him over my cousin Dustin happened to be up and laying on the couch. (He works late and is generally not up yet when I get there). Dustin picked up Reese and sat him on his chest. It almost made me cry to sit and watch him play with my baby. I have always been very close with my cousins. We grew up more like brothers and sisters than cousins. At that moment all I could think about is how blessed I am. I had always hoped that my children would be as close to my cousins as I have been. Sharing this time with them is so special to me.

I am blessed to have Reese. I am blessed to have a great family. I am blessed to have a husband that loves me and Reese and daily puts himself aside to take care of us.

Some unexpected things came up this week that made us a little uneasy. Despite the fears and uneasiness, this was yet another display of how blessed we are. Many people in our church family and our friends have rallied around us. A new friend even has her friends and family that we don't even know praying for us.

We serve a God that is bigger than any circumstance that we face. He shows himself to be faithful to us everyday. When we slow down and take the time to notice we will see the blessings all around us!

No comments: