Saturday, May 29, 2010

Thank you!

As you may know, May is National Foster Care Month. If you follow me by way of this blog, twitter, or Facebook then you know I have tried all month to encourage people to consider foster care. Most of the information that I have shared has been about foster kids and some about foster parents. One thing that I don't want to overlook is the foster care staff. Our Social Service employees take on the task everyday of advocating for these "voiceless" children. The foster care workers give of themselves not only to the children, but to the foster families also.

Thank you for what you do! Much like ministry, I know that it is nearly impossible to walk away at 5pm and not think about the hurting kids. Thank you for standing up for kids even when the system doesn't. Thank you for advocating for change in the system. Thank you for loving our kids and thank you for giving of yourself.

I know you don't get thanked near enough. All too often you hear our complaints and concerns rather than our praise for your time and energy. Yes, not every one loves their job and gives 100%, but for those of you that do, I thank you!

No comments: