Thursday, September 17, 2009

Somethings to think about

A few months ago I bought a new Bible. It was a $5 special at Lifeway, so I thought I would check it out. What a great purchase... I love it! The Holman Student Bible has some great resources. It would be a great purchase for any student (young or old). One of my favorite resources included are the quotes that accompany some scriptures. Here are a few that struck me today.

"You may as well quit reading and hearing the Word of God, and give it to the devil if you do not desire to live according to it." - Martin Luther

"If you're seeking God in the middle of shattered dreams, if you've become aware of your desire for Him but are having trouble finding Him, be encouraged that it bothers you. The more you're bothered by not finding Him, the more aware you're becoming of how badly you want Him." - Larry Crabb

No comments: