Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pray hard for us this weekend!!!!!

People continue to ask us about our progress in the adoption process. The honest answer is... nothing. We haven't heard anything from DSS. The last contact was about 2 or 3 months ago when I called them. However, we have been approached by a family member who currently has custody of their grandchildren. They feel certain that the parents' rights will be terminated within the next couple of months. They will be unable to keep the 3 children and initially asked us to consider all 3. Now, they are asking us to consider 1 and have asked Bryan's sisters to consider the other 2.

This has been very heavy on my heart as God has not given me a peace about the situation. I don't feel that He has told us yes or no. This is a major step and a HUGE decision. We have to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are making the right decision. Too many lives will be affected in major ways to make this decision lightly. Bryan has some reservations about the decision as well.

Brooke and I talked about the situation and she brought up a good point that made me think. She said, "This is not a puppy you are bringing home." She is so right. The last time we brought home a puppy, it never actually made it home with us. The dog obviously didn't like us and tried to run away. Belle didn't like the dog and it was obvious that it wasn't going to work. Thankfully, Chase and Casey fell in love with the dog and took her home. Baylor has been with them for 2 or 3 years now and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Somehow, I don't think that I can send my child to live with Chase and Casey if things don't work out. This is a forever decision.

God has continued to put one thing after another in my face to make me question this decision. I desperately need some peace and clarity on this decision. We are going to try and take some time away so that we can focus on God and his leading in this decision.

On a side note, a family should be arriving in Vietnam today. This family is the one before Brooke and Chris, so they will be traveling next. Let's pray for little Dillen to be home (or at least with her parents) before her 1st birthday on Dec. 15.

No comments: