Monday, October 20, 2008

Dang Tistal!

For the last few weeks we have been taking care of Bryan's cousin, Lee, on the weekends. Lee lives with his grandparents where he is one of 5 children in the home. They range from 7 years to 14 months. As I am sure that you can imagine, they have their hands full. It has been fun and we enjoy playing with and hanging out with Lee. Life with a three year old is a bit crazy! We have had a lot of fun with him and we are learning a lot about parenting.

Several friends have given us things to use for Lee (clothes, toys, car seats, etc.). One friend in particular gave us some matchbox cars that her son was no longer playing with. Lee loves monster trucks and motorcycles. It just so happened that there were several of these in the bunch. I put the cars in an IKEA basket (I love IKEA) and put them on the toy shelf. Saturday afternoon, I showed Lee the basket and he started pulling the cars out. I couldn't help but laugh when he said, "Dang Tistal, you got me some really cool stuff!"

Not exactly the choice of words I would have preferred, but funny none the less.

Slowly but surely Lee is starting to warm up to people at church. He finally played with and talked to some kids at church yesterday. Normally, he stays attached to me or Taylor. In the classroom he plays by himself. He played with other kids in the class and he even hugged another child unprovoked. My friend Beth has a son that is a few months older than Lee and we have been trying to get them together. Yesterday, Lee walked right up to Kayden and started tickling him and chasing him. They seemed to be having a great time. Hopefully this means I can get him to go to class with Kayden next week. Let's pray!

Brooke and Chris are still waiting for Dillen, so please continue to pray for them.

No comments: