Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Random Updates

This is going to be totally random, but I will try to make it all fit and make sense somehow. A lot of things have happened over the last few days that I want to share. Structure is my friend, so this is uncommon for me. Sorry about the randomness!

*Yesterday I got a GREAT surprise. A week or so ago, I posted a blog about Francesca Battistelli. Someone from her record label actually read my blog and contacted me. Her album drops today and I was really excited about buying it. Well, I don't have to... I got a free autographed copy of it in the mail yesterday along with a t-shirt. (The t-shirt is big enough for three of me, but I appreciate it anyway.) Just in case you don't believe me, here is the proof:













*We leave this Sunday for Memphis and I am more than ready!!!! Please pray for our team. My prayer is that our kids will truly put themselves aside and let God have His way. We are collecting school supplies for Brinkley Heights Urban Academy. If you would like to contribute, let me know and I will get you a list and pick up the supplies from you. I will need them by this Friday.

*Sunday a friend told me about a child that is in foster care that we may be up for adoption. She is getting details for me so that we can ask about him.

*One of my former youth got married this weekend. It was a beautiful wedding. Lindsey and Jonathan are finally married. God showed me some things through this wedding, and I will share those later. Congratulations Jonathan and Lindsey!

Well, I think that is all for now. This week is Bible School at Marathon, so we are taking our students to Frankie's. I LOVE Frankie's! Pray I don't let my competitive nature take over.

No comments: