Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Race Is On!

Last weekend we went away for a break before our adoption happens. It is a good thing that we did! We expected that it would take until July for our paperwork to be processed. It was a huge surprise when we arrived home and a letter had come from DSS saying that our paperwork had been processed and they are now looking for a child to place with us. Oh My Goodness! That was a little scary since we had not really begun preparing the nursery. (There is a lot of work to be done!)

Luckily, we were able to get my aunt over and she helped me clear out the room and strip the carpet on Monday. (What a way to spend our day off!) Today she and my uncle came back and started painting for us. Hopefully by next weekend the painting will be complete and we be have someone lined up to lay the wood floor for us. If you know of anyone, please pass the info on.

Thursday I started working on a special gift for our new addition. I hope to finish it early in the week. Well, pray for us! Things are going to have to go into overdrive now. We knocked out 3 more graduations this weekend. Bryan is currently at a graduation party and we have a ceremony to attend tomorrow. Next weekend there are 2 more graduations and then a week until HS camp and MS camp the following week. I am a little nervous about getting things done since I will be alone a lot the next few weeks. Please Pray!!!!

No comments: