Friday, May 23, 2008

124 days and priceline.com

124 days until what you may be asking yourself. Well, if you must know, there are 124 days until I turn 30. I would not be sharing that information but Bryan and I are in Atlanta for the weekend and my age is really showing. We are staying at the Marriott Marquis Downtown. Priceline picked this for us. (This was my first try at priceline and I must say we did pretty well!) It is within a few blocks of everything downtown including a MARTA station.

I LOVE being in the city and I LOVE walking. However, I can totally feel the fact that I am 124 days away from 30. By 5:30 or 6:00 I was exhausted and my feet hurt so bad. I am so out of shape!!! I am a bit embarrassed. We didn't even start until 11:30 or so this morning. My day is typically much longer than that. It is 7:15 and I am sitting in the bed in the hotel. This is unheard of! My husband is not complaining though. He much prefers this to my typical see all, do all mentality.

Our hotel is nice. We are on the 20th floor and no, we are no where near the top. I have never stayed in a hotel this large (not even in California). I knew I was in new territory when my ears started popping on the elevator. CRAZY! You can check out the pictures.

We toured the new World of Coca Cola this morning. I had not been there in probably 15 or more years. It has recently been totally renovated and they will celebrate their first birthday in a few weeks. There, I got to have my picture made with a polar bear. I walked away with a free glass bottle coke and some snazzy 3d glasses.

Tomorrow is the big day... IKEA here we come! I am really excited. As the natives would say (or Ryan Seacrest at least)... Holder out.

No comments: