Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Distractions

Tonight I left work and turned onto Fairview Rd. As usual, I got over into the far lane so that I could exit onto 385. In front of me there was a small Lexus SUV. I noticed something flashing, so I had to "investigate". At first I thought that it must be a navigation system, but as a paid closer attention I realized what I was seeing. The alphabet was flashing by.

It totally caught me off guard. I realized that I am driving on 385 and I am watching a kids video rather than paying attention to the road. This was a built in DVD system that was hanging from the roof of the car. I had never noticed how distrating (and therefore dangerous) these things are. If the screen is mounted on the seat back, the driver behind you can't really see it.

I made a mental note to my self that my child's safety is more important than their entertainment. However, I must say that I have never seen U,V,W, and X is such an entertaining way. Random!

No comments: