Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Boys, Boys, Boys

Dealing with teens is a major part of my life. Having been a teenage girl not so long ago, I am especially interested in helping girls through the drama that is teen life! 85% of the time you can be guaranteed that girl drama has to do with boys. And 85% of the time if those girls simply understood and embraced who Christ created them to be there wouldn't be a boy problem.

I often read books written for teens about these very things. I very strongly believe that I can not and will not offer advice or resources that I have not tested my self first. With that being said, I would strongly recommend a book that I am currently reading.

Last year I attended the Revolve Tour (excellent by the way. I highly recommend it!) and became familiar with Chad Eastham. He is a wonderful speaker and was a great choice. He is a young 20 something and is an attractive guy. Therefore, he immediately has the attention of all the girls in the audience. Thank goodness his message is right on target and rock solid. I was so impressed with him that I purchased a copy of his book with the hope of recommending it. Great decision!

The Truth about Guys is a WINNER! Eastham is not afraid to tell you like it is. He doesn't hold back and is very pointed. "When guys look at me, do they see me as a treasure or a target?" Who doesn't want to be a treasure!!! This is exactly what the first seven chapters of the book are about. He explains that girls are valuable and worthy just the way God made them. His message is the same as mine: No one can love you until you love yourself. No one will treasure you unless you treasure yourself. Make sure you are good with you before you try to find a guy that is good with you.

So far I am loving this book! I hope to finish it this week, so be on the look out for more....

No comments: