Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pinterest

I have heard people talking about pinterest for a while and a few weeks ago I decided to check it out for myself.  The result: "Hi, my name is Crystal and I have a problem."  I am completely addicted.  

Not only do I love it, I have actually been trying some of the things I have found.  Here's a list of a few of the things I have tried: 

*Monogramming our pumpkin 
*Tie Dyed Cake & Cupcakes
*Photo Ideas
* Re purposing empty Clorox & Baby Wipe Containers

What I am most proud of though is the cool orange wreath I made!  

This is the original picture that I saw on pinterest.  (original post))  I felt certain that I could recreate this and I got pretty close!


The original must have been on a smaller wreath, but I am happy with it.  I did learn a couple of things though.  1. Burlap is very messy.  (There are little orange strings all of my house!)  2. Buy more fabric than you think you need!  (I had to buy more and the colors didn't match up.)  3. If you have multiple shades mix them in together so that they blend.

It took a good bit of time, but I will probably do this again with another color really soon.  I can easily change out the ribbon and make it work for a lot of different things.

No comments: