Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Body Shop to the Rescue!

I have EXTREMELY sensitive, dry skin. For a couple of years I had been using The Body Shop's skin care products. A couple of months ago I was running low and decided that I would take the opportunity to try something new. I bought the Rare Minerals cleaner thinking that I wanted to also try the Bare Minerals line of makeup. I had been trying the ULTA minerals with no luck.

My skin did not take well to the Rare Minerals, so I went into ULTA and had one of the ladies test Studio Gear on me. Within a couple of hours my face had totally broken out and was VERY red. I tried some of Reese's baby cream on my face to help with the dryness. Bad idea!!! It immediately burned and made my face even redder. For a couple of days my entire face was very red (like I had burned myself) and covered in bumps. On top of that the skin was flaking due to the dryness.

I bought a couple of cheap things at Wal-Mart and they too reeked havoc on my skin. Rather than keep torturing my skin and being in pain, I headed to the mall. The Body Shop to the rescue! As soon as I got home, I opened up my gift set of Aloe Calming products and went through the steps. I kid you not, within minutes my skin was soft, the redness was gone, and the flakes were gone! My husband even noticed the difference.

What was I thinking? Why did I ever stray? This stuff is like a miracle in a bottle for my skin.

Not only do I like the fact that this stuff works, I love that it is cruelty free, and they use Fair Trade ingredients. The Body Shop is a must for men and women's beauty aids. I don't typically wear makeup (I don't like it and it generally irritates my skin), but I even bought some of their makeup and love the way it feels and looks also with no irritation.

Try The Body Shop, I promise you won't be disappointed!

No comments: