Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Memphis or Bust

We are inching closer to our Memphis trip. This is my favorite trip that we do with our students every year. I am very excited about returning and can't wait to jump right in. This year, the trip will be bittersweet for me.

After a lot of thought and discussion, we decided not to take Reese with us. My heart is breaking! I have to leave my sweet baby for 7 days. I am dreading that! Please pray for me. I am not a worrier and don't stress easily, but I am already emotionally bogged down about this. We know that he is being left in more than capable hands and will be treated like a king.

I know that this is a natural feeling for most moms, but I don't want Satan to use this as a way to distract me. Thanks to the wonderful media guys at our church we will be able to iChat with him while we are gone. Hopefully that will ease this mommy's nerves a little.

My biggest concern is that he will fear that he is being moved to a new family again. Please pray for us and Reese. Also, please pray for our mission team. We want to make sure that we are all focused and prepared to put ourselves aside.

Be prepared... I have no doubt that I will have much to share!

No comments: