Thursday, September 6, 2007

Shampoo Snob

Ok, so this is a totally pointless blog and it is probably a waste of your time. I hardly ever post though, so I thought I would share my latest random thought.

You see all these crazy shampoo commercials on tv and wonderful how amazingly exciting shampoo can really be. Does shampoo really make a difference? If your hair is clean isn't that the point. Who needs all the hubub. Your average person walks in Wal-Mart, Target, or Walgreens and looks for what smells good and is on sale. Of course they want their hair to look clean and healthy and to smell pleasant, but they realize that they are not going to become amazing attractive simply because of that shampoo.

Truth be known, I am a shampoo snob. I used to buy the Target special and even Target brand at times. However, I decided a few years ago to indulge myself and stray from my normally frugal ways. I bought salon shampoo! Many people find it absurd to spend $10 or more on shampoo, but not me. I am a believer! Shampoo truly does make a difference.

As you know, I have a curly mop on my head. Those curls used to be either uncontrollable or just plain flat. Though I am not a sissy girl, I do have a prissy side and that prissy side makes me care about my hair. However stupid or shallow it is, my hair does affect my mood. Now, notice I said affect, not control. If my hair does not cooperate I will be aggravated for an hour or so and I will be a little more self conscious throughout the day, but my day is not crushed. I can get over it and move on. When I feel like my hair looks good, it gives a little extra boost for the day, and who doesn't need that?!

So what brought on this shampoo obsession and why do I share it with you? Occasionally I like to give my hair a break and I will try a different shampoo. The last one that I sampled was Matrix curl life. (I hope I don't get sued!) Knowing that I am picky about such things I bought a small sample sized bottle and only spent $2 each for the shampoo and conditioner. That was the biggest waste of $4!!!! I hated it. My hair was so flat and heavy. It was totally wrong for my hair. Thank goodness I only spent $4, that made it a lot easier to trash the half that was left.

After about two weeks, I made the trip to the salon to buy my good ole standby. And yes, the standby cost me $20, but it will last me the rest of the year. (We don't share shampoo in my house! I buy him his own salon brand.) Less than a week after the switch back my hubby Bubby even noticed the change. He commented on hair my hair looked different and better than it had for a few weeks.

Don't tell me that shampoo doesn't matter!!! By the way, my favorite is Curls Rock by Catwalk. I have to give props to Ashley Rogers for suggesting it about 3 or 4 years ago. It hasn't done me wrong!

No comments: